North West Museums
North West Museums Page
A list of museums in North West (Chester, Crewe, Stockport, Liverpool, Oldham, Blackburn, Lancaster, Blackpool, Carlisle, Preston, Wigan, Bolton, Isle of Man, Warrington, and Manchester.).
North West Classic Car Museums
King Steet, Leyland, Nr Preston, Lancashire •MAP•
- OPENING TIMES : April to end of September Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday only October Sundays and Tuesdays only November to end of March Closed Public Holidays Open Bank Holiday Mondays Easter Open Sunday/Monday 23/24 March Hours Of Opening 10.00am - 5.00pm.
- Read more about British Commercial Vehicle Museum.
Standish Street, Keswick, Cumbria •MAP•
- OPENING TIMES : SADLY CLOSED DOWN IN 2011.
- Read more about Cars of the Stars.
Maclure Road, Rochdale •MAP•
- OPENING TIMES : The museum is open on Fridays (except Bank Holidays) and the first Sunday of each month (except January) from 10am to 4pm. No appointment is necessary but bigger groups should check in advance. Larger (monthly) open days usually feature working exhibits and additional attractions.
- Read more about Greater Manchester Fire Service Museum.
The Hangars, South Road, Hooton Park Airfield, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire •MAP•
- OPENING TIMES : The Hooton Park site is not Open regularly to members of the public - only on events and Open days.
- Read more about Griffin Trust.
47 Brantfell Drive, Burnley, Lancashire •MAP•
- OPENING TIMES : Tuesday evenings 7.00 pm to 9.00 pm and Saturdays 10.00 am to 4.00 pm when our volunteers are working.
- Read more about Keighley Bus Museum.
Mouldsworth Motor Museum, Smithy Lane, Mouldsworth, Cheshire •MAP•
- OPENING TIMES : Open Sundays 12-5pm and all Bank Holidays Wednesdays in July and August February until the end of November.
- Read more about Mouldsworth Motor Museum.
Liverpool Road, Castlefield, Manchester •MAP•
- OPENING TIMES : Open from 10.00am - 5.00pm every day, except 24 - 26 December and 1 January.
- Read more about Museum of Science and Industry Manchester.
22 Clarence Street, Stalybridge •MAP•
- OPENING TIMES : Opening Times: Unknown
- Read more about Tameside Transport Collection.
The Old Bus Depot, Hall Street, St Helens •MAP•
- OPENING TIMES : Open Saturday & Sunday 12.00pm till 4.00pm. Every first Sunday of the month free vintage bus rides
- Read more about The North West Museum of Road Transport.
Old Blue Mill, Backbarrow, Ulverston, Cumbria •MAP•
- OPENING TIMES : Open daily except Christmas Day from 10.00 - closing at 16.30 until the end of January.
- Read more about Lakeland Motor Museum.
Boyle Street, Manchester •MAP•
- OPENING TIMES : Open every Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday, Bank Holiday (except during the Christmas and New Year period) - every day throughout August. 10am until 4.30pm.
- Read more about Manchester Museum of Transport.
French Lane, Nantwich, Cheshire •MAP•
- OPENING TIMES : Summer: The bunker is open 7 days a week from the 20th of March until the 3rd of November. From 10.30am to 5.30pm. Winter: The bunker is open Wednesday to Sunday 10.30am to 5.30pm. Closed December 23rd 2013 to January 2nd 2014. Open daily for October Half Term Holiday (Sat 26th October - Sun 3rd November 2013)
- Read more about Hack Green Secret Nuclear Bunker.
Church Lane, Gawsworth, Cheshire •MAP•
- OPENING TIMES : 5 May to 22 September: Sundays 2 to 5pm & special events 24 June to 31 August: Daily 2 to 5pm
- Read more about Gawsworth Hall.